Want to take better photos and get more rentals?
Now we're not saying you need to strike a Victoria Beckham pose to get more rentals, but here are our top tips to help you represent your listings better.
- Grab a tripod or a friend and shoot yourself wearing the item - this will help lenders understand shape and fit better
- Find a bright space and snap it in front of a plain background.
- Artificial lighting could give your items a different shade, so natural light is best!
- Try to avoid hanger shots as they don't make your items look like their best selves!
- Keep things interesting and get creative!
- Try to take a few different pictures from different angles, to really showcase the item in question
- Don't forget the detail shot, get up close and snap a picture of the special feature
- Avoid stock photos as these are usually taken from another website without permission and create your own content instead!
- Try to get the full item into your frame so that Rotators can instantly see what the item looks like!
- Don't use any heavy filter on your photos or it will be hard to tell what colour they are
- If possible avoid using group pictures as this leaves potential renters guessing which dress you are renting out, try single ones instead.
- If you are doing a mirror selfie, make sure you have great natural lighting and you can see the full dress / item
Have a wardrobe of amazing pieces you'd like to rent out and would like us to manage them for you? Feel free to email us at email@example.com!
Want to read more about best listing practices? See our guide here.